Creativity doesn't just flow like some sort of mountain stream for me. I live in California--nothing flows like a mountain stream. But even if I can't change the weather, I can set simple goals to help myself out. I can move other areas of my life to support the creative part, not hinder it. So I'm going to try.
You heard it here first. Feel free to send me an e-slap if I don't follow through with these.
This week I will...
1. Give myself time to finish this draft of my screenplay.
2. Connect with my friends in a loving and meaningful way. Listen to them and let them know how much I love them.
3. Take at least one dance-party break every day.
4. Drink more green tea. And water.
5. Cuddle with my puppy.
7. Apologize less when I know I shouldn't and more when I know I should.
8. Forgive myself when I don't check everything off of my to-do list.
What are your goals for this week? And what do you need to do to help yourself keep on creating?